Friday, 8 October 2010
Friday Five – writing, reading & cupcakes
1) I have signed up for NaNoWriMo, if you’d like to friend me you can find me here. Although I’ve actually started already. I’m hoping to get 20,000 words done in October and then win NaNoWriMo this year by completing the 50,000. Fingers crossed, because this novel had been giving me such a hard time. I really need to just get a first draft down rather than editing as I go along.
2) My friend Kim is celebrating 10/10/10 with ten writing related posts. It’s really fun. So far my favourite has been her Genre Writing Prompets. Although now I want to abandon the WIP and explore the dystopian story, her prompt inspired.
3) Talking of dystopia, I just finished The Passage by Justin Cronin. I felt like I’d seen a lot of it before, but it is a good story and it kept me company while I ran, so that was good. The strangest thing was, in a novel where the human race is all but wiped out, I really didn’t feel enough people died! There are a lot of lucky chances for the main characters.
4) Despite DC weather not co-operating at all! I am still celebrating fall! Pumpkin Spice cupcakes at Georgetown Cupcake are now on my list of reasons Autumn rules.
5) In case you missed it. Courtney Summers posted, the first five chapters of Fall For Anything, on her blog. I had to read it but it made me even more desperate for the book than the trailer did.